I do computer repair as well as assembly. Computers built by me will use standard form factors (usually Mini-ITX, ATX, and EATX) which make them easily upgradeable.
Computer repair can include data backup, replacement of broken parts, and upgrades.
I cannot replace components such as motherboards and screens on some laptops, as they would be too difficult to remove. I can, however, replace most RAM and hard drives.
Repair prices do not include the cost of parts or shipping.
Rates for data backup, per drive (backup drive included):
Rates for general repair:
- 500GB or less: $79
- 500GB-1TB: $89
- 1TB-2TB: $109
- 2TB-3TB: $129
- 3TB-4TB: $139
Rates for building:
- Hard drive replacement (includes data transfer): $19 + $5 per additional drive
- RAM upgrade or replacement: $9 per stick
- Motherboard replacement: $99
- CPU replacement or upgrade: $49
- New graphics card: $19
- Full upgrade (motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphics card, power supply): $199 (Standard form factor machines only)
- Power supply replacement: $29
- Laptop screen replacement: $29
Buy a computer with Ubuntu instead of Windows and get $99 off!
- Basic machine - check specs here: $449. Basic computer for video streaming, web browsing, and E-mail.
- Basic workstation - check specs here: $499.
- Light gaming machine - check specs here: $679.
- Midrange workstation - check specs here: $879
- Midrange gaming PC - check specs here: $999
- High-end workstation - check specs here: $1499
- Ultimate gaming PC - check specs here: $3749 (This is a very high-performance computer. I put together the parts list out of boredom, but it should work if you have a few thousand dollars laying around.)